Dubai has evolved from a well-loved holiday location to the best place for people to reside in. It offers everything from 7 star luxury to affordable areas with lovely green spaces for individuals and families alike. You can live, party and unwind. That’s why Dubai has now become a top destination amongst investors from around the globe looking to gain profits.
Here is a list of The Best Communities in Dubai
Every community has its own speciality, and the area where you choose to live can have a big impact on your day to day life. For example, while some areas offer green spaces and a calm environment, few offer easy access to amenities like schools and hospitals. You may have to choose one or the other!
Read further to get to know the best features of the top 15 communities to live in. All these communities are greatly appreciated by their residents and offer safety, connectivity, with easy access to nearby locations and are developed.
Jumeirah Village Triangle (JVT)
Located in the heart of New Dubai, best apartments in Jumeirah Village Triangle has many green spaces and common areas for families and neighbours to spend time together. It is located between 2 main highways for ease of access and is already developed with an active community management team. ZāZEN One is an excellent example of a high quality, affordable building in this community.
- The gated area offers a safe and peaceful environment
- Home to over 5,000 residential properties with many attractive amenities
- Predominantly famous for villas and townhouses, but offers apartments as well
- One of the best freehold areas in Dubai, with options for renters too
- Has reputed schools, supermarkets, a community mall, gyms and salons in easy access
- A pet-friendly neighbourhood
- A variety of outdoor recreational activities
- Over 9 community parks, 5 tennis courts, and a few basketball courts
- Next to popular areas; Springs Souk, JVC, Jumeirah Park and Mediclinic Parkview Hospital
Dubai Marina boasts luxury skyscrapers and a range of dining and entertainment options. It is a meticulously-planned community that is known as the tallest block in the world. The vibrant community lifestyle helps individuals adjust and easily get lost in the luxury of the community.
- Hosts over 200 luxurious residential towers
- Popular as an apartment community
- Great waterfront views from almost all buildings
- Residential apartments offer luxurious and state-of-the-art facilities
- The community hosts many events throughout the year and is popular with tourists
- Includes a shopping mall, promenade, and many popular restaurants
Jumeirah Lake Towers (JLT)
This swanky apartment community is popular with families for its reasonable price. In addition, it is extremely well connected to the metro and is ideal for exploring the city.
- Offers high rise skyscrapers, well divided into 26 clusters with three buildings in each
- Hosts a mix of offices, residences, retail, food and beverage outlets, and hospitality venues for an easy lifestyle
- The community owns a private pet-friendly park called JLT Park
Palm Jumeirah is home to some of the most family-friendly apartments. It offers a perfect combination of luxury and convenience.
- The largest man-made island in the world
- Community is built as a palm tree at the coast of the Arabian Sea
- Hosts a wide collection of beachfront apartments, villas, and the iconic hotel resort (Atlantis The Palm)
- A monorail connects different areas of the Palm to each other
Jumeirah Islands is a freehold area and a luxurious housing project. The community has people from different backgrounds and ethnicities living together peacefully.
- Offers a picturesque archipelago with artificial saltwater lakes
- Offers residential clusters of large villas as well as townhouses with variations of construction and architecture styles
- Hosts a clubhouse and recreational centre at The Pavilion
- Offers restaurants, a gym, salons, supermarket, and leisure facilities
- Has amazing neighbours like JLT, Emirates Living communities, and Dubai Marina
Mirdif is popular for the elegant European-style villas in the area. It offers an upscale lifestyle while keeping you connected with the other residential complexes around.
- It is situated close to the Dubai International Airport
- Known for the eclectic villa architecture
- Hosts a massive Mushrif Park
- Mirdif City Centre is popular as the best family-friendly attraction in Dubai
Downtown Dubai is the centre of Dubai because of its constantly evolving nature. It attracts tourists and is known for its luxurious lifestyle. Hence, it is a preferred community for non-drivers and frequent travellers.
- Hosts the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa
- Organizes several parades and festivities throughout the year for a complete community experience
- Famous as a tourist hotspot in Dubai
- Properties have impressive luxurious amenities
Dubai Media City
Dubai Media City (DMC) acts as a regional hub for media companies. Freelancers, SMEs, start-ups, and large enterprises co-exist here in harmony. It is a heavily commercialized area, but this also means that the residents have several job opportunities within their reach.
- Mainly features commercial spaces for individuals
- Business-friendly area that supports the media industry
- Completely operated under Dubai Technology & Media Free Zone Authority
- A popular hub for the media industry in the Gulf Cooperation Council and the Middle East
Villas in Arabian Ranches are family-friendly, large and spacious homes. It is a quiet suburb and can act as an idyllic escape from city life.
- Popular as a self-contained gated community by Emaar
- A golf community in Dubai with villas and townhouses
- An amazing family-centric and pet-friendly neighbourhood
- Home to the Dubai Polo and Equestrian Club
- Convenient transport infrastructure that link it to the rest of Dubai easily
- Hosts educational institutions like the Ranches Primary School, Jumeirah English Speaking School within the gated community
Dubai Sports City
Dubai Sports City is an excellent community for investors and end users due to the different residential options.
- Features the headquarters of the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mix of Villas, Townhouses and Apartments
- Perfect for both families and young individuals
- Convenient location that offers easy access to Al Khail Road and Hessa Street
Deira, one of the oldest commercial districts, is a popular place to live and work in, especially for lower cost housing. This community is popular among families, bachelors, expats as well as locals.
- Offers Budget-friendly accommodation
- Fantastic location on the banks of the Dubai Creek, close to Bur Dubai
- Home to the oldest mall in the city: Al Ghurair Centre
- Home to the Heritage House and Al Ahmadiya School
- Known as a central trading hub, particularly for the glittering Gold Souk.
- An active trading hub for shipping spices, textiles, and more to Asian and African countries
The Beverly Hills of Dubai, Emirates Hills is the most upscale locality in the country.
- A safe gated villa community that is a part of the Emirates Living project
- Hosts the homes of many world-famous personalities
- Neighbour to popular communities like The Springs, Meadows, and The Lakes
- Large plots where you can build your own villa
- Popular among residents as a pet-friendly community
- Features many facilities like pools, parking spaces, and BBQ areas
- Golf enthusiasts can tee-off in the Montgomerie Golf Club Dubai
Bur Dubai, one of the oldest neighbourhoods of Dubai, allows you to relive Dubai’s past and trace its origins.
- Home to Al Fahidi Historical District, commonly known as Bastakiya
- Hosts the well-known tourist attraction of Dubai Frame
- Fringed by the iconic Dubai Creek
- Hub of residential and economic activity
- Hosts many clothing and jewellery shops and easy access to exotic fabrics, pashminas, and colourful embroidered cushions
- Easy transportation through many metro stations on both the Red and Green Lines
Al Barari acts as a perfect green sanctuary away from the centre of Dubai. It helps you relax and unwind while you absorb the greenery around you.
- An iconic family-centric area with a green environment of over 500 plant species
- Features villas as well as large-scale apartments
- Gated community with luxurious recreational and health facilities
- Easy access to all the major landmarks and tourist attractions
The Motor City is located near Arabian Ranches and is a quiet, self-contained area with a vibrant town centre.
- A self-contained community with the vibrant town centre
- Based on a motorsport theme for sports enthusiasts
- Airy and large apartments to allow plenty of sunlight
- Hosts its own motorsport circuit, Dubai Autodrome
- Offers a vast collection of villas, apartments as well as commercial spaces
- Perfect for both single professionals to families
As you have read, each community has its own flavour and drawbacks. However, Jumeirah Village Triangle (JVT) is the most preferred community because of its location, community and facilities. Moreover, there are property developers like ZāZEN Properties that offer unique apartments with world-class amenities and sustainable developments that help you live a better life. Their apartments in ZāZEN One, in Jumeirah Village Triangle, provide you with space, greenery, high-quality finishing and even solar power, making it the best development in that area and one of the best developments in Dubai.